Multiplying Polynomials Activity

Wednesday, February 7, 2018
Card sorts are my favorite go-to activity in Algebra this year! So for multiplying polynomials, I decided to create a card sort where students were able easily check their answers. For our notes, we used Sarah Carter's (Math = Love) interactive notebook pages (CLICK HERE). I absolutely LOVE the box method and using different colored highlighters to help simplify expressions.

By providing an answer bank, students were able to quickly identify any errors that they have made. There was 100% engagement during the notes and activity because the topic just "clicked" with students. Students also used the graphing calculator/Desmos to check their answers.



Overall, I really enjoyed this lesson and can't wait to share more polynomials ideas. 

Here is the Multiplying Polynomials file that I used for this lesson: CLICK HERE

5 comments

  1. I was unable to get your link to work. Is there anyway you could send this to me at amiklavic@oldfortschools.org? I love the activities you create for your students!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know! I just fixed the link, please let me know if it doesn't work for you :)

      Delete
  2. The link still doesn't work. I think you need to make it able for everyone to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my teacher mrs.williams at pickaway ross got this paper from you may I ask why im learning this in 11th grade and why she hasn't showed us the way you done it since it is way easier then the way you have done it and not the foil method

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was super excited to use Sarah’s distributive property card sort last week and let my students use their whiteboards... never again haha. 15 minutes in, about a quarter of them decided to just multiply to find the leading term and cheated themselves out of good practice. I hate wasting paper, but I guess I’m going to have to stick to making them show their work! 😂

    Anyhow, I like this activity as a review for finding all sorts of products! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete