Multi Step Equations INB

Friday, September 29, 2017
File for the Post: Multi Step Equations INB

While looking for a document, I found that I have created MULTIPLE foldables over the same concept. My first foldable that I created over solving equations is pictured below...


You can find the original post here: Solving Equations Flip-Book

I decided to create the following foldable last spring to use this school year. However, I did not use these foldables this year. The resource Algebra 1 teacher did use them this school year though! So, at least it was used somewhere. :) 











Sooooo.... below are the pages that were actually used this school year. The only downfall was how long it took students to cut the pages out. Next year, I will trim the paper down with a paper-cutter to save time. I really liked how fast the foldable was since it was a review topic from middle school. 








After the foldable, we completed my Solving Equations Stations Maze. It was a success!

I have realized that I will never be satisfied with using the same foldable from the year before. I always try to improve each school year and build upon students strengths and weaknesses. Yes, it's a lot of work.... but, it's totally worth it!


I am also wearing this shirt any time we review solving equations... From my experience, students are visual learners and they remember any of my shirts! lol  Click here if you want one too!







5 comments

  1. Is there a certain template you use to make your booklets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I do not use a certain template. I find that I usually create a flip-book by hand and figure out what I want to be in it and then I translate it into an electronic document.

      Delete
  2. I love this!!! How did you secure the pages together? Staples? The inside margin doesn't leave much room.

    When I teach two-step and multi-step, I instruct my students to first make a list of what is happening to the variable (using order of operations). Then they work the list backwards and do the inverse operation to both sides of the equation.

    Thank you so much for this book!! It is easily modified (hard copy) to edit the steps to reflect what I want my students to do. It will be a great review and intro to multi-step equations with my high school pre-algebra students. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The solving equations booklet, is absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete